EPNK - “Youth of Caucasus in search of peace and peaceful coexistence”
Start date:Sep,2010 End date:Aug,2011
“Youth of Caucasus in search of peace and peaceful coexistence” –project, founded on September 2010 in collaboration with Kvinna Till Kvinna foundation is aimed to activate young women’s role from border and rural areas in peacemaking and to make young women’s voice to be heard. Young women selected by DT for current project are being trained on conflict resolution, peacemaking, role of women in conflict , based on UNSG 1325 and other UN and EU documents, leadership skills , meetings with peace and political activists are organized form them. The main goal of the project is to increase the role of young women in stabilization, security and conflict resolution and peacemaking processes.
Young women from border regions, women refugees, who are interested with the project andwant to play their role in peacebuolding.
The project that lasts for almost one year brought to the following results:
• 120 young women from 11 villages have been selected and trained on peacemaking, conflict resolution and leadership issues.
• 11 young women from each village were selected as group leaders and trained in Yerevan on leadership, conflict resolution, situation in border areas, peacemaking issues.
• There were organized meetings in Tbilisi with participation of Armenian and Azerbaijani young women.
• There was organized two-day summer school in Tsaghkadzor (Kotayk region) aimed to train 27 young women from different regions.
• There were provided training materials, books, electronic information for all women participants for community use.